Hawleyville Plaza - New Shopping Center - Newtown, CT Recently, the Hawleyville Plaza, a new shopping center opened up in the Hawleyville section of Newtown, CT. This new five store shopping center is a nice addition to Hawleyville. It is conveniently located on the corner of Barnabas Road and Hawleyville Road (Route 25) which is just North of I-84 near the commuter parking lot. The stores that have opened up in the Hawleyville Plaza are:
- Papa Al's Pizza: "For Pizza Lovers" A nice Italian restaurant where you can eat in or take out. We've heard that they would like to build a patio for outside eating.
- Hawleyville Wine and Liquors: They carry a variety of beer, wines and liquor. They hold a wine tasting every Saturday from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- New Main Moon: We believe this is a new addition to the Main Moon Chinese food restaurants in the surrounding area. There are a few tables - really better for take out.
- US Post Office: The Hawleyville Post Office has been relocated to the new shopping center. It is a nice improvement over the former location on Hawleyville Road. Service is still outstanding and always with a smile.
- This space is vacant as of this blog post. We would like to see a deli or conveniece store that makes great sandwiches to lease this space :-)
So, the next time you pass through Newtown, why not stop by Hawleyville Plaza - New Shopping Center?