Newtown, CT Real Estate Comparison 2016 vs 2015 Every year in January, we post a comparison of real estate statistics for the year that just ended and the year prior. This year we are comparing 2016 to 2015. All data is for Single Family Homes and is from the multiple listing service (MLS)
We changed up the format somewhat. What do you think?
|# of Sales||356||# of Sales||413||+ 56|
|Median Sale Price||$366,000||Median Sale Price||$380,000||+ 3.68%|
|Average Sale Price||$383,534||Average Sale Price||$397,322||+ 3.47%|
|Days on Market||163||Days on Market||172||+ 9 days|
You can easily see that there were pluses in all categories in 2016. The average sale price is up almost 3.5% and the median price showed an increase, too. The number of sales and the sales volume both increased significantly, but it took a little longer to sell a home in 2016.
Here are 6 facts that are not reflected in the table above:
- 18 new construction homes sold in Newtown in 2016. 7 sold in 2015.
- 2 homes listed over $1 million sold in 2016. 4 sold in 2015.
- The least expensive home that sold in 2016 was $17,300. In 2015, it was $15,900.
- 41 foreclosures sold in 2016. 40 sold in 2015.
- 12 short sales sold in 2016. 14 sold in 2015.
- Sale price/list price ratio for all homes sold was 97% in 2016. It was 96% in 2015.
- Home prices compressed somewhat in 2016 as compared to 2015. The upper end prices came down and the lower end prices came up.
There are many signs that the real estate market in Newtown improved in 2016.
Lets hope that what we saw in the Newtown, CT Real Estate Comparison 2016 vs 2015 carries over into 2017.