Walk the Dog is Not a Just a YoYo Trick So your family has a dog, you live in Newtown, CT and you'd like to take your dog for a walk. Let Riley, the Real Estate Dog tell you about his favorite places. Riley should probably have his own blog! He's always working hard at real estate and when he's not, he likes to go for a walk. The good thing about a dog walk, is that it's pretty portable and you can do it just about anywhere. Riley does have his favorite places to walk - some in Newtown and some not.
- Main Street is Newtown is always a good place to walk. There are sidewalks on both side of the road, it's a long stretch with a hill and a giant flagpole right in the middle of the road. Many people walk their dog along Main Street. It's pretty social as you are likely to run into someone you know.
- Fairfield Hills is a great place to walk the dog. Fairfield Hills is a complex of old brick buildings with a grid of streets. There is also a new paved walkway that goes up behind the buildings and has access to a path through the woods and you can come out down on Mile Hill Rd South by the ballfields.
- There are many horse trails and hiking trails in Newtown and many people walk their dog along these.
- Southbury Dog (0 & G) Dog Park - This is a great place for dogs. They can go off leash, play with other dogs and even go for a swim in the water. Clean and fenced. Located on Route 67 (Roxbury Road) - look for the O & G sign.
- Williams Park in Brookfield is another great place to go with your dog. This is located on Route 25 (Whisconier Road) near Long Meadow Hill Road.
We've heard that Newtown is working on creating a dog park of their own over at Fairfield Hills. As we find out more about this, we'll let you know.
Photos above are of Riley on a walk at Fairfield Hills - up behind the Newtown Youth Academy, Newtown's premier indoor sports and fitness center.