Wanna Sell During the Spring Market? Call a Realtor NOW! Early on in our blogging career, we blogged about New Year's Resolutions and the Spring Market. That was way back in December 2008. It was a simple post that talked about the discrepancy of when buyers and sellers think the Spring Real Estate Market starts. Buyers feel it begins January 2nd and sellers feel it starts when the calendar says Spring. There is a disconnect there and it's to a seller's advantage to have their house on the market during the early Spring Market - less competition.
If you own a house and would like to take advantage of the Spring Market, when should you call a Realtor? You should call a Realtor to come look at your house in September, October or November. You might be asking yourself, why so early? It's really simple: many homeowners need help with suggestions on getting their house ready for sale. Those suggestions could be:
- Getting rid of clutter (now is a good time of year for a yard/tag sale)
- Paining the exterior of the house (can't paint outside once the temperature drops below 45 degrees)
- Cleaning up the yard (Fall clean up will be here soon)
- Repairs to walkways (it's tough to do this once the ground freezes)
- Gutters need to be cleaned - for some people it's more than leaves up there
- Removing outdated wallpaper (if you start now, it'll be done before the holidays)
- Many homes need a fresh coat of paint on the interior, too.
- Some need repairs to the vinyl/tile floors or the wood floors need refinishing
- Occassionally, we still run into a fuse box and those need to be changed out to a breaker box
- Maybe, you have a septic repair and have been holding off? They're awful hard to do once the ground freezes
Starting on these projects now, will make your house to show nicely for the holiday season and it will be ready to go on the market right after the New Year. With the thought of moving, you can give those family treasures to the next generation when you see them over the holiday season. It's a great way for you to pass them along ... right out of your house.
So, you wanna sell during the Spring Market? Call a Realtor NOW!