How is Buying a Home Like Running a Marathon? Let us count the ways! It's amazing how two such diverse activities can follow a similiar cycle of emotions. Here's how we see it:
- When you first start your home search or your marathon, you experience a sense of excitement
- Next, you're working toward your goal (finding the right home or finishing your race) - setting your pace
- Somewhere along the way, you start to feel restless
- Then you begin to doubt that your goal is achievable
- Your mindset changes and hope begins to shine through again
- Finally, success is in sight
- Lastly, you cross the finish line - new home purchased or marathon finished.
It sounds kind of corny and perhaps, it is. But think about it. This cycle of emotions holds true for most goals we work towards. They don't necessarily follow the order of emotions laid out above and some of them may repeat - like in a loop. In the end, if you don't let the pressure or self doubt keep you from accomplishing your task, you'll cross the finish the line.
So, buying a home is like running a marathon. Go the distance. Stay the course. Ready, set, go!
Feel free to email us if you are interested in purchasing a home in the Greater Danbury, CT area (Danbury, Bethel, Newtown, Brookfield, New Fairfield, New Milford, Candlewood Lake, Lake Zoar, Lake Lillinonah)