Newtown, CT Real Estate Market Statistics - August 2010 Here is a comparison of the closed sales in Newtown, CT for both August 2009 and August 2010:
Closed Sales August 2009
- Units Sold - 24
- Average Days on Market - 138
- Average List Price - $479,784
- Average Sale Price - $439,152
- Sale Price to List Price Ratio - 92%
Closed Sales August 2010
- Units Sold - 26
- Average Days on Market - 104
- Average List Price - $496,496
- Average Sale Price - $474,217
- Sale Price to List Price Ratio - 95.5%
Overall, it appears that the market in Newtown is doing better in 2010 than it was in 2009. 2 more units were sold in 2010 than in 2009, the average list price and sale price are both up in 2010 and the sale price to list price ratio is better than in 2009. What do you think could be the reason for the increase in the list price and sale price in 2010? The answer is that the higher priced homes have started to sell again which brings up the averages.
We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions about Newtown, CT Real Estate Market Statistics, please email us.