Newtown, CT Golf Courses and Parks. For a small town, Newtown offers the golf enthusiast two private golf courses:
- Rock Ridge Country Club - is a full-service club with a 9 hole golf course with separate tee areas when playing 18 holes,
- Newtown Country Club - has a 9 hole golf course, Grill Room and private Dining Room for member parties.
The surrounding towns have golf courses with many residents playing at Richter Park in Danbury. Richter Park is a Municipal 18 hole course designated as one of America's top 25 public courses. Rates vary, but are reasonable.
The Newtown Park and Recreation Department runs many programs in Newtown including the town parks. Newtown's town parks are:
- Dickenson Park - Open to Newtown Residents only. Open from 9 am to Sundown. Dickinson Park has (5) tennis courts, softball field, basketball court, two playground areas, FUNSCAPE creative play area, pavilion and picnicking facilities, complete with charcoal grills. A park permit is required on any vehicle entering the park.
- Treadwell Memorial Park - park is open from 9 a.m. until sundown. Amenities include (4) tennis courts, a ball wall, basketball court, two playground areas, pavilion, multi-purpose baseball/softball field, two regulation size soccer field, and swimming pool complex, which features an 8 lane, 25 yard pool, with a diving "L" and wading pool. Locker facilities are available.
- Lake Lillinonah Park - In addition to a beautiful view of the lake, there are picnic tables, grills and a boat launch. There are portable bathroom facilities and parking. Swimming is NOT allowed, as boats pose too much danger. Open to Newtown residents only.
In addition to the parks listed above, Newtown Park and Recreation maintains Eichler's Cove Beach & Marina and the Orchard Hill Nature Center.
If you have any questions about Newtown's Golf Courses and Parks, please feel free to email us.
Bob & Richelle Ward, Realtors, ABR
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Cell - (203) 470-9818