Newtown, CT Parks and Recreation We try to post useful information that helps people to know more about Newtown. Last April, we posted about Golf Courses and Parks in Newtown. In this post, we mentioned Newtown Parks and Recreation, as they run the town parks. Newtown Parks and Recreation is responsible for more than the town parks - they also have Town Programs.
Newtown Parks and Recreation puts out new programs each season. They print up a nice program that describes each program and gives the schedule for each one. Programs are very diverse and some are broken out by age range. Here's a sampling of what Newtown Parks and Recreation typically offers:
- Swimming at the Newtown High School and the town pool at Treadwell Park
- Day Trips - there is usually one to NYC
- Computer Courses
- Adult Programs - Yoga, Knitting, Portuguese, Pilates
- Fun for All Ages - Legos, Claymation Moviemaking, Skating at Dickinson Park
- Youth Programs - Dance, Home Cooking, Etiquette
- Youth and Teen Programs - "The Garage" Teen Center, Intro to Animation
- Teen and Adult Programs - Self Defense, Zumba, Scrapbooking
- There are even Kidsfit Programs and Preschool Programs!
The newest park to Newtown Parks and Recreation is the dog park located over at Fairfield Hills. We understand that it will be called "Park and Bark". There are many places in Newtown to walk your dog, but the dog park will be a nice place for dogs to play together.
When you see the next Newtown Parks and Recreation flyer, check it out and sign up for a class or two.